General Chapter of October 1956, approved the dissolution of the Commissariat in North America. Preparation for this change during the administrations of Mother Andrina and Mother Hilaria. Both of them worked to expand the role of the Milwaukee Provincial from a motherhouse superior to that of a true provincial. On March 25, 1959, the Milwaukee Provincial Chapter elected Sister Antonice Murawski, a member of the former commissariat, as provincial. The Chapter of Election, in recognition of increased Provincialate responsibilities, elected four rather than the customary two councilors to share in the administration. In line with the General Chapter decision, the election and subsequent installation on April 11, 1959, automatically dissolved the Commissariat.