Transforming the world through education
Home|Dedication of the Perpetual Adoration Chapel
Loading Events

Mother Caroline, like Mother Theresa, had a deep love of the Eucharist. Over the years she developed the idea of a Perpetual Adoration Chapel that would serve as a center for the province’s spiritual life. The novices and candidates would begin their religious life in the presence of the sacrament. The older sisters could spend their final days in the Eucharistic presence. Once she had secured all the necessary permissions, Mother Caroline turned the supervision for the completion of the Chapel over to Father P. M. Abbelen, the Motherhouse chaplain.

The Chapel was dedicated on July 31. From that day forward there, there were sisters in the chapel praying for those who asked the sisters to pray for their intention. In 1959 the motherhouse moved from Milwaukee to Mequon. Adoration continued in Milwaukee until the adoration began in the new chapel in Mequon. When the SSNDs moved, in 1983, from Mequon to Milwaukee Street, the Adoration Chapel moved to Elm Grove.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top