Meeting participants represented each province in the congregation. Here they hold the 2019 Update to the Congregational Communication Plan.
Meeting of CCTT and Liaisons
The congregational communications and technology teams (CCTT) and their liaisons met at the Generalate in Rome, August 12-15, 2019, to explore how the call of Love Gives Everything guides communication within and for the Congregation.
Our theme “becoming one of another” was based on Pope Francis’ Message for the 2019 World Communications Day and was fitting for us as an international congregation with unity in diversity as our call.
The 2019 Update of the Congregational Communication Plan and priorities for 2019 were introduced on the first day. These were reviewed and discussed over the next three days in light of the call of Love Gives Everything, the theme, and the input.
- The Message of Pope Francis for the 2019 World Communications Day: From social network communities to the human community (in multiple languages).
- Speaking notes from Sister Bernadette M. Reis FSP for a presentation, Mission in an Online World, given March 9, 2018.
- Province realities, the blessings and challenges experienced by each province in the areas of technology and communication.
- Sister Roxanne Schares’ keynote address: Becoming One of Another: Connection to Communion.
- Insights into communications within an international setting given by a panel of three communications coordinators based in Rome: Sister Maria Lourdes Santos SSpS, Sister Monique Tarabeh RGS (via Skype from Syria), and Patrizia Morgante from UISG.
- Workshop on interculturality given by Sister Kathy Schmittgens SSND.
- Workshop on cybersecurity given by Pam O’Brien, congregational technology coordinator and team members Alexandra Koch (Austria) and Jake Zojonc (USA).
- Brief input on crisis communications given by Pat Stortz, congregational communications coordinator.
On the final day, participants endorsed the 2019 Update to the Congregational Communication Plan and the priorities for 2019. They also considered future dreams and gave the general council suggestions on the areas of the updated communication plan that could be a priority in 2020. These will be shared with provincial councils and included in the agenda when the provincial leaders and general council discuss priorities for 2020 during the Extended General Council in October in Rome.