Novena to Blessed M. Antonina Kratochwil
The Novena begins June 3 and concludes June 11.
The liturgical calendar celebrates Sister Antonina’s feast each year on 12 June.
This novena expresses dimensions of the life of Blessed Sister Maria Antonina:
• steadfast in accepting the cross
• seeking God in daily prayer
• shining her attitude of heroic faith
• loving and creative in the work of education
• obedient to God in all things
• simple and poor in spirit and in life
• overcoming evil with true love
• courageous follower of Jesus
• model of permanent union with the Father
Reflecting on dimensions of her spiritual life, in light of the Word of God and our constitution You Are Sent, offers direction for our lives. Let us listen to the challenges and allow them to touch our inner being, so that we become authentic witnesses of God’s love, as she was.
Selected invocations are from the Litany to Blessed Antonina; Poppies – a symbol of sacrifice, a symbol of the blood shed by soldiers and soaked in the ground, a symbol of martyrdom.
Thank you to our sisters in the Polish Province for sharing this with the congregation.
If you want to print the novena to pray it each day, you can download it to your computer. It has been formatted as a booklet. Print using the booklet setting in the pdf print settings window.
Each day during the novena, the reflection and prayer for the day will appear here as well.